The boy with ballons

He was just sitting by the side road blowing balloons with his mouth one by one  each in a minute. Joining them with a white string. A small box of KFC burger was sitting by his side. Maybe someone had gifted him one.
His cluster of balloons was getting bigger and bigger every minute.
That cute little boy was totally unaware of his surroundings.
I was in my car waiting for my order, by the food street.
Watching him.
Such little hands were meant to play with those balloons not sell them.  The cuteness and the glow in his eyes showed the fresh enthusiasm built in his spirit.
His outlook was as ragged as it could be yet his body language showed happiness and hope.
I ordered four balloons for my kids although I never buy stuffs from streets.
"How much?" I inquired as soon as he handed them to me.
"BAJI 40 ruppes" I deliberately handed him 50 I don't know what made me do that since usually when you pay these kids,  selling on the streets, more then they deserve. They starts to begging for more and I always gets annoyed with such actions but this kid not only returned the extra, he also insisted not to pay him more.

FOR THRILLING ROLLER COASTER RIDE TO PAKISTAN READ TANZEELAKH NOVEL HUNGER..



Then came the best part which made me cry.
He was again busy blowing up the balloons. When a beggar woman came near him and asked him to give her the burger box.
"My kids are hungry please give it to me."
To my surprise  he never said a word to her and opened the box and started dividing the burger in two equal halves.
"No no I can't take half of it I have three kids I need all of it. If you want I'll pay you, I'll pay you fifty ruppes for it."
And guess what he said?
"OH Baji I'm not selling it. It's a gift and I'm hungry too. So if you want you can take this half for free."
I was about to interrupt because I knew she could take an advantage of her age and the kid being just a kid but Alas she just said No and left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musical River Kunhar

Golla Ganda

Hot Chillas