2-RoadTrip.pk


ABBOTTABAD HERE WE COME- Karachi to Khunjereb Pass.
Islamabad 15th july;

"We will be reaching Islamabad in ten minutes" the bus hostess announced when it was almost midday. Suddenly the bus was filled with more life than before. "I can't find my shoes," echoed from each corner.

Our rented coaster was waiting at the bus stop.
We were extremely tired, but we had no more than half an hour to change our bus, charge our mobiles, and freshen up to start the next phase. We had to reach Naran that day so we could find a lovely place to stay there.

This decision was made, after a long discussion, as most of us were of the thought that we can't travel from Karachi to Naran in one go, that is without stopping for a night. But we also did not want to waste any time for mere resting, so we decided to go straight to Naran and rest there.

"I can't take it any more, my back is killing me," I told my husband. I attempted to rub my back as we settled in the coaster, there was lots of space, we had put all our luggage up on the top. So, I took three of the back seats and laid down straight on them in order to stretch my back straight. It was utter bliss, my body was telling me to rest but my heart was pondering; begging me to get up and look at the scenes outside. How can I miss those enchanting views.

"Who took my mobile out of the charger? It's only 15% charged! At least don't do this to me, this is my charger," screamed Omaina, I opened my eyes after a while listening to her sweet scream.

Obaid bhai, my brother in law, Omaina's father, had gifted a car charger that could charge two mobiles at a time. With a dozen mobiles to charge, we were fighting like crazy over turns.

"Chothay Khalo (uncle ) please connect my mobile to the charger I just want to take pictures."

"As though we all are here for the food right,” smirked Omama, the middle sister who made a living out out of conjuring lame jokes at all occasions.

Let me clear up one thing, this Chothay Khalo is my husband, as I am the youngest sister. He took the seat beside the driver and never left it, as it was right beside the large front window and the view was awesome. As an added bonus, he took some great pictures from there throughout the length of the trip also he was the self-proclaimed owner of the charger, so it was totally up to him who went first. At times, I became kind of jealous of everyone sitting with their spouses, so I would text him or call him to come sit beside me. Sometimes he would and sometimes he wouldn't, saying the view was nicer from there. So, I was like stuck with my kids and my buddies.

Taymia, Omaina and Omama are the elder daughters of my eldest sister. Technically they are half of my age, but they are my buddies, along with my little Bro, Emad. Don't judge me as a mother of four, I am still buddies to these teens and we enjoy lots of stuff together, most of all pulling each other’s legs.

"My mobile is dead too, please it's totally dead. Like dead, dead." pleaded Taymia.

"Ok just until it's 15% then it's my turn again"

"40"

"20"

"30"

"Last chance it’s 25% or 0 choose one." Omaina, being Omaina, waved her hands as always.

"Ok, done," Taymia surrendered and handed her mobile back to my husband.

"Consequences of a smartphone, dear. That’s the only reason why I keep these simple ones." Emad showed his Nokia up in the air.

"That's the only reason why I don't keep any phone at all!" Omama called.

"Ania, I want to sit by the window and Ali is not letting me sit there!" stated Salama.

My eldest sister Apa has 6 kids. The three teens, plus 10-year-old mohammad, 8-year-old salama and 4-year-old Hashir, the cutie pie.

"There are lots of windows here, Salama, why don't you come sit beside me?" I pointed at the window on my left.

"But Ania your window is not opening properly."

"Ok, let's see what I can do."

"Mama Mama no Lama no Lama" said Hadia.

I was like in the middle of a civil war. If I tell Ali, my eight year old son,  to give her the place he wouldn't listen and Hadia won’t listen at all. So, I decided to ask Ali to lend her the place and go sit with his father up front.

"Ali why don't you just go sit with your father, it's a nice big window there, more space to sit".

"Mama hmmm," Ali groaned.

Despite the grumbling, he liked the seat next to his father and he kept it the whole tour.

In all this commotion, I kept forgetting to look outside as we were approaching Abbottabad. It was almost four o'clock in the afternoon. The view outside had been breathtaking, the valleys around Abbottabad are beautiful. Huge pine trees is all we could see, with grassy land. Abbottabad is a valley surrounded by mountains covered in snow. It was rainy season, so all the greenery was clear and washed. Rivers and streams were flowing in their full might.

To be continued. . . !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musical River Kunhar

Golla Ganda

Hot Chillas